Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas 2008














My brother Sam was deployed to Iraq in mid-2007. He wasn't able to be home to visit his wife Becky and their three children, Calvin, Cashel, and Cairic until mid-2008. His family stayed in Minneapolis and lived not too far from my mom. Dale and I lived quite close to them as well. Sam was home again from Iraq for Christmas 2008. Becky prepared the whole fondue shebang starting with cheese (bread being the dipping item), then meats (mostly beef and scallops) in oil, and finally chocolate fondue with fruits. I think this was the first time my nephews got the whole fondue experience. The tree in the picture is at Becky's house on 54th Street in Minneapolis. The sign above the tree says Welcome Home Daddy. Sam being home brought new meaning to me for the song I'll Be Home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment