Monday, January 17, 2011

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Television Special

A Charlie Brown Christmas is, along with The Grinch, my most favorite Christmas television special. Shown every December, I've watched it for a number of years. In fact, it was first broadcast in 1965 which was the year before I was born. My brothers, Sam, Pete, and I, watched it just about every holiday season. I think our favorite line is when Linus asks Lucy to "name five good reasons" for something or other and Lucy counts back from five on her fingers and is left with just a fist in Linus's face. He responds by saying "Those are good reasons!"

I probably fell out of watching it in the middle to late 80's but picked up the video cassette in the early 90's. I now have it on DVD and Dale and I have watched it every year since then. Great fun and wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment