Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taking Down the Tree


It's January 30th and I've decided it's time to take down the tree. Before putting it up in December I had told Dale I wanted a real tree this year. He told me I'd have to have it down by New Year's. I decided to go again, as we do most years, with the artificial tree instead. Considering we don't usually put the tree up until the week before Christmas I like having it up through much of January.

I used to work with a woman of Czech descent who grew up on a farm near New Prague, Minnesota. She told me her family always put their tree up on Christmas Eve and her mother would leave it up until the Feast of the Presentation on February 2nd (Candlemas).

When Sam, Pete, and I were growing up Mom would usually leave the tree up until Epiphany Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment