Monday, April 25, 2011

Christmas 1984 - Visit to Santa


I don't remember sitting on Santa's lap as a kid. Mom says she remem-

bers taking Sam and me to see Santa once but didn't have pictures taken. I have a vague recollection of going to Dayton's department store downtown Minneapolis and getting in a line and I remember some kind of Christmas gift shop that you ended up in after going through this line. Aside from that though, I don't remember sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what I wanted most for Christmas. Being a somewhat anxious kid, maybe I chickened out. Later on, during my college freshman year in 1984, Santa set up shop in the student union accompanied by a photographer. Feeling I had missed out before, I wasn't going to let another chance go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment